Yukon School of Visual Art

International Students

If you are interested in applying to the Foundation Year as an international student, please contact us for admissions information and assistance with the application process.

Applicants educated in a country other than Canada or the United States should have their transcripts evaluated by an agency such as International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) in British Columbia, or International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) in Alberta.

As English is the language of instruction and communication at both the Yukon School of Visual Arts and at the Yukon College, all course work required of the students will be in English. Regardless of the country of origin or citizenship, all applicants will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English before being accepted to the Foundation Year. This may be done by providing:

    Proof of achievement at the grade level designated as the admission requirement for the Arts & Science Division, or equivalent.
    Presenting proof of achievement at the prescribed level in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International Language Testing System (IELTS).

    For more information about studying and living in Canada visit the following web-sites:

    A Guide for Foreign Students Studying in Canada: