YUKON SCHOOL OF VISUAL ARTS (SOVA) FOUNDATION YEAR PROGRAM
The Yukon School of Visual Arts requests the following materials to be included in your application package.
Electronic Submissions of Application Materials should be clearly labeled with Admissions-Last Name and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard Copy Submissions of Application Materials should be sent by post to:
Admissions Committee, Yukon School of Visual Arts, Box 569, Dawson City, YT, Y0B 1G0
Please complete the attached/enclosed Yukon School of Visual Arts Application Form and submit electronically or by post.
Statement of Intent
Please write a 250 – 500 word statement with regard to the following questions:
- What are your interests in the visual arts?
- What are your artistic aspirations or career goals?
- How will the Yukon School of Visual Arts’ Foundation Year Program be of benefit to you?
- What are your motivations to study in Dawson City, Yukon Territory?
Submit your statement electronically or by post.
Official sealed and signed transcripts should be sent from all previously attended secondary or post-secondary institutions directly to the Yukon School of Visual Arts by post only.
Letter of Recommendation
Please submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher, mentor, professional artist, or elder stating their relationship to you and why they think you should be accepted into this program electronically or by post. Letter of recommendation can also be sent directly to the Yukon School of Visual Arts electronically or by post.
Portfolio & Portfolio Assignments Submission
The Yukon School of Visual Arts requires a visual art portfolio and 2 portfolio assignments from all applicants. Please see “Portfolio Submission Guidelines” for more information.
Application Deadline: July 31st, 2014
If you have questions regarding your application status, please email email@example.com or phone 867.993.6390
* Please note: If you would like to be considered for a SOVA-YUKON or SOVA-CANADA/USA scholarship, all application materials, as well as scholarship materials must be submitted by March 31st (see SOVA Scholarships for more information).